Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Lose My Cool Very Easily With My Dad & Now He Thinks I Have Anger Problems?!?

I am a, generally, patient person but for some reason I just can't be quiet with my father. He has criticized me all of my life and the result is a poor self-image and a complete inability to be self-reliant . All he's ever really taught me is how important it is for me to be a good wife. Anyway, I'm sort of just ranting. Point being: when he starts with his little critiques I just can't stand it anymore so I blow up and I say things I later regret. I don't want to be a disrespectful daughter but I just can't help it! Something takes over me. What can I do? Also, please don't suggest that I talk to him about my "feelings". He is a misogynist and will never see any fault in anything he does. Believe me, I've tried millions of times. I just want to not CARE what he thinks so when he starts knit-picking at all my faults, it can just go in one ear and out the other. I want to stop bending over backwards to make him proud of me because I've learned it's NEVER going to happen no matter what I do. Any ideas? I want to change something within myself so as to not care what he thinks of me or my life. Any tips would be very much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment